A progressive project designed to alter the direction of public policy.
See Publisher's Page - Reclaiming the State A Progressive Vision of Sovereignty for a Post-Neoliberal World.
To buy the book for £15 (a 15 per cent discount on the regular price is £18.99), go to Pluto Books and enter the discount coupon 'MITCHELL15' at the checkout.
"This is an excellent book. Anyone who wants to understand why social-democratic parties are in crisis across Europe should read it" - Larry Elliott, Guardian economics editor
"Prepare to be blown away and forget what you think you knew about money" - The Independent
"Essential reading for anyone who wants to understand the Corbyn phenomenon in the UK" - Eurointelligence
"Important... An essential building-block for a constructive debate on a post-Brexit democratic politics" - Wolfgang Streeck, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, Cologne
"Fascinating" - Heiner Flassbeck, former German vice-minister for finance
"Essential reading... An excellent study of post-war economic history and a perceptive analysis of the options available for the future" - Counterfire
"But the journal is redeemed by the power and novelty of its ideas — with contributors like William Mitchell and Thomas Fazi arguing that a revived leftism depends on a strong nation-state and that “global institutions have in many ways been used to roll back” societal advances" - T.A. Frank, Washington Post January 25, 2018 - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/style/wp/2018/01/25/feature/why-conservative-magazines-are-more-important-than-ever
1. The EU cannot be democratised – here’s why (The New Pretender, March 8, 2018).
2. The EU cannot be democratised – here’s why (Lexit Network, February 12, 2018).
3. The EU cannot be democratised – here’s why (February 8, 2018).
4. Everything You Know About Neoliberalism Is Wrong (Social Europe, October 20, 2017).
5. Make the Left Great Again (American Affairs, Vol. 1, Number 3, Fall 2017).
6. Against supranationalism: in defence of national sovereignty (and Brexit) (Brave New Europe, September 26, 2017).
1. ‘Reclaiming the State – a Progressive Vision of Sovereignty for a Post-Neoliberal World’ (March 30, 2018) by Anthony Coughlan (Village Magazine).
2. Reclaiming the State: A Progressive Vision of Sovereignty for a Post-Neoliberal World by William Mitchell and Thomas Fazi (March 15, 2018) by Mathew D. Rose (Brave New Europe).
3. Et si l’Etat créait lui-même les emplois pour combattre le chômage? (January 21, 2018) by Romaric Godin (Mediapart).
4. L’État, c’est nous (February 2018) by Aurélien Bernier (Le Monde diplomatique).
5. Welcome to the Golden Age of Conservative Magazines (January 25, 2018) by T.A. Frank (Washington Post).
6. Think our governments can no longer control capitalism? You’ve been duped (December 14, 2017) by Larry Elliot (Guardian).
7. Reclaiming the State - book review (November 30, 2017) by Phil Armstrong (Counterfire).
8. The magic money tree does exist, according to modern monetary theory (November 5, 2017) by Youseff El-Gingihy (The Independent).
9. Dansen rundt nasjonalstaten (June 14, 2018) by Ellen Engelstad (Manifest Tidsskrift, Norway).
Information: Bill.Mitchell @ reclaimthestate.org (delete spaces)